Do you have issues with authority? Not sure if you do? Here are a few examples of authority issues:
– Do you always have a meeting after the meeting?
– Do you gossip or talk negatively about your leader?
– Do you have to tell your opinion before you do what you been asked?
If you answered yes to any of these questions then you have an authority issue. But you are not alone. In Numbers 12, we see that Miriam had issues with Moses’ authority. Miriam justified her authority issue by criticizing Moses’ choice in a wife, and she drew in Aaron as an ally by suggesting that God spoke to them as well as Moses.
When we are carrying the curse of an authority issue, God is unable to use us in any environment He chooses. God wants us be adaptable and flexible. When we’re not, He has to wait until we’re ready to be flexible and He has to break us. Too often we have to be broken because we simply do not understand His authority structure – Jesus submits to God, every man submits to Jesus, woman submits to man and children submit to parents (I Cor. 11:3).
To break the authority issues curse, you must do the following:
1. Get liquid, flexible and adaptable.
2. Get in line and stay in line.
3. Get friends that love you enough to tell you when you are out of line.