Because of the Daniel Fast, this week we would like to share a couple of recipes with you to assist you with your fasting. Here is one breakfast and one lunch recipe.
Tofu Breakfast Scramble
1 box firm tofu
1 zucchini, diced small
1 tomato, diced½ onion diced
1 red bell pepper, diced
2 green onions, finely sliced
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, minced
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Spray pan with 100% olive oil spray
2. Add all ingredients and sauté until vegetables are soft and ready to eat
3. Salt and pepper to taste
Tip – You can add lots of different vegetables to this recipe including broccoli, carrots, and mushrooms.
White Beans and Sautéed Vegetables
2 cans white beans, drained
2 tablespoons olive oil½ cup yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup celery, finely diced
½ cup carrot, finely diced
¼ cup virgin olive oil (to drizzle after beans are dished up)Salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain the white beans and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil and then add all the prepared vegetables to the pan and sauté for until just done.
3. Add beans and heat thoroughly.
4. Dish up on serving plates, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil. Salt and pepper to taste.