As One celebrated its second birthday, Pastor Conway challenged us to move from shallow water to deep water. In other words, we must willingly trust God’s heart even when we cannot trace God’s hand. The following highlights help us reach this goal:
* We must move to deep water since there is no challenge in shallow water. Challenge is what enables Christian maturity because the shovel of sorrow produces the well of joy.
* Shallow water requires little commitment and God wants us fully committed to Him.
* Very little change is necessary when in shallow water. But full devotion to God means getting out of our comfort zone and changing.
* God does His best work in deep water where we can only depend upon Him.
* The size of the catch, or gift from God, is greater in deep water.