Each week, we present the inspirational words of one of our partners in the form of a devotional. This week’s devotional was written by Misty Barber.The Word
In this case, moreover, it is required of stewards that one be found trustworthy. 2 Corinthians 4:2 (NASB)

The Story
Recently, my husband and I started the money management class at church. We have always closely monitored our finances, but the class has shown us how to apply biblical principles to our financial practices. Ever since we began managing our finances by aligning ourselves with God’s Word, we’ve received numerous financial blessings that have allowed us to pay off our debts. In addition to our tithes of 10 percent, we turn to God to give us guidance on how to direct the other 90 percent of the income God entrusts us to be stewards over. When we began to put everything in order and became trustworthy stewards over the finances God provided, we received financial blessings beyond what we could have imagined. I believe it pleases God to know that He can give His children something and we are going to honor Him with it by being a trustworthy steward.

The Reflection
What steps are we taking to make sure that we are being good stewards over all things that God has given us? Have we asked Him for direction over all of the resources He has entrusted to us? Have we taken the initial step of dedicating 10 percent in tithes to the Lord?

The Application

Let us pray for guidance on how to be a trustworthy steward of the resources the Lord has given us. Prior to making any decision on using resources think about whether the action would please God.

The Prayer
Lord, help us to be responsible stewards of all that you are giving us so that we may be found trustworthy in your sight. Continue to bless us so that we may continue to bless Your children.